15: Carnelia

« Older   Newer »

1. Antares..
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

36KSzS2

- ...strictly secret that you must not share with anyone. Princess?
    Stella jumped. It wasn't the first time she fell asleep for the tone of her tutor’s explanation but in that case she didn’t even remember sitting on the throne of the heir of Solaria. And yet there she was, the room luckily empty and Sunče’s disapproval filling the air.
    - You fell asleep again, princess? Maybe you don't realize that, but from this assignment depends your position on the throne. If they won’t find you worthy the crown will pass to your cousin Selene.
    - Assignment?
    Sunče sighed. The road to forge a worthy sovereign of Solaria was so hard...
    - I know that you're tired, princess, but I also know that you are perfectly capable of pass this trial. You must only focus, prove to your subjects that you have enough abnegation to ascend the throne, start your mandate with an incontestable proof that in your blood flows the sun of Solaria itself.
    It was in moments like that that Stella remembered why she still listened to Sunče: his words were capable of turning on something inside her, they made many things possible, they gave her that warmth that her parents were often incapable to give her. Sunče had seen something in her, something that she often couldn’t see herself.
    - Forgive once more my tiredness, Sunče, and tell me more about this secret.
    - Very well, princess Stella... everybody, on Solaria, can tell you that, as dauther of king Radios and queen Luna, you are the first in order of succession and the throne rightfully yours. There is, however, a test the heir to the throne is asked to take: if you will fail, like I said before, the throne will pass to your cousin Selene.
    - Really?
    The man nodded.
    - The trial establishs a very important requirement, essential for a sovereign.
    His tone and the air of mistery had increased Stella's curiosity.
    - And what is this trial? I've never heard of it...
    - Because the tradition requires not to say a word about it to the heir until the right age. Besides, it’s a secret kept by the royal family: a prince or a princess who would fail will be forced to abdicate. It hasn’t happened often but...
    Stella was starting to be almost worried.
    - And what is this trial?!
    - Has the king ever taken you to see Carnelia?
    The girl shook her head.
    - It sounds familiar to me somehow but...
    - In that case come with me. I'm surprise he never did...
    - I’m not surprised at all...
    The fairy followed her tutor through the hallways and the rooms of the palace of Solaria, up to the innumerable stairs to the tower.
    - Don't tell me that I have to climb all the way to the top, Sunče...
    - It will feel like a walk in the park compared to the test you have to take.
    Silenced for once by his words Stella covered the last distance in silence to reach the room on top of the tower, filled with light from the windows all around. In the exact center of the room there was a pedestal whit a glass showcase, inside of which...
    - She’s so wonderfull!
    ...there was the most beautiful stone that Stella had ever seen. It was like if someone had caught the last glares of a Solaria sunset and set them in that stone, clouds included.
    A flaming sky offered itself to her eyes, caught in a gem as big as the palm of her hand.
    - This is Carnelia. It’s part of Solaria’s treasure and it is said to protect our kingdom as long as she is kept under the sun everyday.
    - How could my father never take me to see her?
    The nose flattened onto the glass showcase, Stella stared at the stone, in worship. It was almost like the glares were talking to her, like there was a connection among them.
    - Now you like it but before the end of the month it will become your personal nightmare.
    - My nightmare? - Sunče’s words managed to distract her from that rare beauty.
    - For the trial. In the coldest moment of the year Carnelia must be guarded by a member of the royal family and kept warm.
    - Like the egg of a little bird? Sounds so absurd to me...
    - In this season the stone is more vulnerable and the royal family is the only one who possess enough power to do this. This will be your task: you will carry it always with you, keep it warm, focus your energy on it without ever getting distracted.
    Stella shut her eyes wide: focus wasn’t her strong point, even when she was at school!
    - And for how long... how long does this trial last?
    - Seven days.

--coded by https://winxluciombre.forumcommunity.net please do not reshare--

Edited by i k u - 13/2/2023, 14:21

0 replies since 11/11/2018, 15:27   19 views