11: A New Teacher

« Older   Newer »

1. Antares..
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

36KSzS2

-...very happy that you answered my convocation with so little notice.
    Flora blinked, confused. Blades of sunlight were passing through the glass door in front of her, blinding her.
    - Are you alright, Flora?
    Faragonda was staring at her with worried eyes and something, about her face, had caused another wave of inexplicable confusion in her mind.
    - I... I believe so.
    The girl had recognized the walls that surrounded them: she was at Alfea, in a hallway of the wing that housed the classrooms. The door in front of which they stopped, however....
    - I think the lesson is almost over but I'd like you to witness it anyway. Come back to my studio when you're ready, I will be there.
    The principal walked away and joined Griselda at the corner of the hallway. Flora stared at them, imbued with an odd feeling. It was almost like the urge of telling them something, something important that she couldn't remember at all....
    She turned to the unknown door and opened it carefully. The light of the sun covered her and immediately a huge smile blossomed on her face: the room was a jubilation of plants and flowers. Even the air was different from the hallway: hot, moist and full of that green fragrance that she loved so much.
    - ...even if generally it's better to leave that to someone more handy with a sword!
    A chorus of giggles echoed those words. A woman was giving a lecture through those plants and Flora glimpsed, through the leaves of an Arundo of Andros, a little group of young fairies.
    - In any case you better remember that you're dealing with an unpredictable plant and that even if you follow my instructions that's no guarantee your harvest will end well.
    The woman's voice sounded familiar...
    - The Magic Antirrimo, on the other hand, reacts very well to cuddles, as long as you're careful enough to start by the cheeks and not from the top. See?
    Flora smiled remembering her first experience with the Magic Antirrimo: it came easy to her just to stroke those petals whose shape reminded the jaws of a wild beast and the flower had reacted opening up and offering her his nectar which gives courage.
    - ...the plants opens their petals, allowing you to prepare the Coraticum potion, who help against fears. Lastly there's the Mimulo which, on the contrary, if harvested in certain conditions....
    The days of full moon...
    - ...for example in the days of full moon, it's used to prepare a very special potion...
    Who gives invisibility for a few hours...
    - ...who allowed to acquire the invisibility, even if only for a very short time.
    Her father taught her half of those things and the other half she had learned on the job. She would have loved to attend those lessons when she was studying there!
    -...and now you know the main uses of the plants of this family. That's all for today.
    While the fairies lefts ignoring her, the girl came out and, exactly as she thought....
    - Eldora!
    - My dearest Flora!
    The extravagant fairy godmother welcomed her with a warm hug.
    - Did you like my lesson?
    - It would have been very useful when I was at Alfea: there are things I've had to learn the hard way!
    - I know but the school hasn't had a Chair of Floromagic for many years....
    Flora helped the woman gather her stuff and followed her out of the room.
    - I'm so sorry, I'm in a hurry cause I'm trying – started Eldora – to develop a crossbreed with the lunar plants of Selenia to see if I can...
    - ...Improve the dream tea? It's a wonderful idea! Did you also try with Ipomeas?
    Eldora stopped in the middle of the hallway, flashed.
    - Well, isn't that a wonderful advice? I've got to run and talk about it with Palladium!
    And she walked away full speed.
    The headmaster Faragonda was sitting at the desk and waiting for her with a satisfied smile.
    - I don't know what you've told Eldora but I've just heard an extraordinary praise about you from her! She seems to think that that your passion for plants and flowers is second only to hers.
    Those words made her blush.
    - No, I've only suggested her... well, a flower who maybe could....
    - Take a seat... how did you find the lesson?
    - Very informative: it would have been my favourite subject if Eldora was teaching in those years.
    The headmaster nodded, serious.
    - I've asked her to come back to teaching permanently but we are having some difficulties. You know her, she has her own pace, her habits, and she's lived on Earth for all this years... I think school life is far too small for her. She's an excellent teacher and she knows a lot of things, as you may have noticed...
    - Undoubtedly! So much field experience... I had my father but I had to learn so much by myself... I wish I could have been her apprentice, I'd be much better now!
    - Don't diminishyourself, Flora, you are one of the more talented student of the last centurywhen it comes to floromagic. Eldora seems to be sure about it and that, inturn, convinced me even more of the decision: Flora, you will accept Eldora'sChair?

--coded by https://winxluciombre.forumcommunity.net please do not reshare--

Edited by i k u - 13/2/2023, 14:22

0 replies since 11/11/2018, 15:14   25 views