10: Together

« Older   Newer »

1. Antares..
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

36KSzS2

- Where did she go?
    - She was here a moment ago!
    The girl's frightened comments overlapped confusedly, echoing in the rocky space. Bloom was looking around shocked. That cave was not that huge, what could ever have happened to Tecna?
    - What if she's sunk? - groaned Musa
    - But we all walked on the same path before her...
    Stella raised an arm and evoked a sphere of light that filled the space. Unfortunately it did nothing more than establish that the five girls were alone in the cave.
    - She can't have vanished into thin air. We have been here more than once and nothing ever happened to us!
    - And yet Tecna...
    - What if she's been kidnapped by someone?- Flora looked around, searching for shadows.
    - We would have noticed!- replied Bloom, but she moved a few steps to the point where Saladin had magically transported them, just in case. Nothing: the corridor was deserted.
    - Bloom, you don't think we should...
    Musa didn't finish the sentence. Bloom turned around but...
    - Girls. Where's Musa?
    Aisha, Flora and Stella turned to their leader, their eyes widened.
    - It's not possible!
    Musa was gone too.
    - You were so close to her!- exclaimed desperately Bloom, touching the rock near to the point where she saw Musa for the last time.
    - This is not happening to me... it's a dream, right? Aisha, give me a pinch...
    Stella's face was distorted into a terrified mask. Flora reached for Aisha, clinging to her sleeve as if to prevent her from disappearing.
    - Come closer, let's stay together!
    The girls moved shoulder to shoulder, forming a circle facing outward.
    - Do you see anything unusual?
    Stella's light globe, above their heads, had become even brighter, perfectly illuminating every nook and cranny of the cave. The water level, around their boots, was raising slowly.
    - What if we can't find her...- started Aisha in a very low voice - ...before the tide?
    - We should have run away as soon as we arrived!- groaned Stella. Flora turned to her friend.
    - You said you felt something, that something was bothering you. Focus, Stella, maybe we can figure out what it is and defeat it!
    The blonde fairy took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
    - It's like there's something alive, something that breathes on my neck. Something invisible around us.
    Stella's face seemed less frightened and Flora smiled at her, encouraging.
    - Did you see that? We can still-
    Where a moment before was her sweet smile now there was nothing left. The fairy was gone, under their eyes, just as they stared at her. Stella gasped, Aisha didn't hold back a whimper.
    - Flora!- she cried desperately - Bloom, we have to do something!
    Half of her friends were gone. The girl tried in vain to think of something but her brain refused to cooperate. Aisha was telling her something, gesticulating, but her ears couldn't hear her. The fairy of fluids took her by the shoulders, shaking her, but it didn't work.
    - Stella, I'll try to raise a water barrier. Maybe it will protect us from whatever is in this cave!
    With her eyes half closed to concentrate, Aisha started to move her hands but the thin wall that rose from the floor of the cave fell back almost immediately with a noise of rain. Even Aisha had vanished into thin air.
    The two were alone. Stella seemed shocked while she stared at her. What could they do against an invisible enemy? Bloom reached for her friend's hand.
    - Stella, please don't leave me!
    Her friends were all gone. Who would have saved Faragonda and Griselda if she had disappeared too? Tears of despair filled her eyes as she hugged Stella. Even her Dragon Flame was useless.
    - Bloom...
    And then Stella disappeared as well, sinking the cave into darkness.

--coded by https://winxluciombre.forumcommunity.net please do not reshare--

Edited by i k u - 13/2/2023, 14:22

0 replies since 11/11/2018, 13:35   23 views