09: Return to Roccaluce

« Older   Newer »

1. Antares..
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

36KSzS2

The next morning Griffin and Saladin were waiting for them in Faragonda's office.
    Although they had already seen the statues the day before, the girls could not help a shiver when they saw them again. They were wearing comfortable and practical clothes, suitable for any eventuality, and Tecna carried her handheld in a sturdy shoulder bag.
    - I admire your initiative» started Saladin - and I’d follow you without hesitation if I had... seventy years less and I was not framed with the paperwork.
    The old headmaster turned to Griffin.
    - I've been asked to re-open Monteluna, you know? They say it's been over fifty years and it's time for wizards to be given a second chance.
    The witch's reaction was almost imperceptible, but Bloom noticed her pupils dilating in surprise.
    - I don't see what this has to do with me…- she murmured coldly. Saladin sneered.
    - We'll see. Helia could be a great teacher after all…
    Flora shot a perplexed glance at Bloom, but said nothing.
    - By the way, girls, me and Mrs Griffin offer you all the support you will need in this difficult hour. There is, of course, no need to say how much we are all in pain for the fate of our beloved Faragonda and Griselda. We will continue our investigation of the parchment from here and contact you as soon as possible.
    Griffin seemed to have nothing to add and stared at them silently.
    - I think your destination is Roccaluce. You're headed for the Nine Nymphs' Cave, aren't you? Excellent. Go, and let the Dragon watch over you!
    The old teacher swirled the stick with unsuspected agility and then tapped it on the ground, releasing a flash of light that dazzled them.

When the girls reopened their eyes were no longer in Alfea but in the anteroom of the cave that had once been Daphne’s prison, their boots sunk in the span of water, the air pervaded by humidity and a dim gleam produced by the crystals in the rock.
    -Yuk!- exclaimed Stella fanning herself with her hand - They should ventilate this place every now and then!
    - The tide rises and descends...- murmured Aisha touching on the walls the signs of the water movement - We don't have much time. What do you think we'll find, Tecna?
    The Fairy of Technology unsheathed the faithful tablet and looked around.
    - Actually, we might have to transform. There is a ninety per cent chance that the inscriptions refer to a test, but it is unclear whether it was a testimony of something happened in the past or a warning for the future. The sentences are so archaic that I cannot even distinguish the verbal times...
    - Do you think there might be a physical challenge that we have to face?- murmured Flora, tying her long hair into a tail on top of her head.
    - I can’t ask for more!- sneered Aisha, who in recent times had had no possibility of training. The fairy jumped like a boxer along the passage that led to the cave itself, followed by the rest of the Winx.
    - Whatever it is we’ll face it together...- concluded Bloom as they passed under the stone arch. That place was so familiar to her... Her gaze ran to the wall drawn in the parchment but as she remembered there were no inscriptions on the rock.
    - Maybe you need a magic word, like in movies!- ventured Musa, resting a hand on the smooth surface - Say friend and enter!
    - What's the Elvish word for friends?- laughed Flora, touching the wall with her fingers as well.
    - I'd be more careful if I were you- murmured Stella with a suspicious expression on her face.
    - Are you afraid it might be a trap? But it was Hagen who gave us the parchment...
    - I know Bloom, but there's something in this place that doesn't convince me.
    - Are you scared cause there’s no sunlight?- Aisha teased her.
    - It has nothing to do with the light! There's something in this place, don't you hear it?
    - Stay calm, girls, now we're going to look at the parchment transcript together and solve this mystery. Tecna?
    - I swear: if Griffin doesn't send us a better translation quickly...
    - Tecna?
    No one had answered Bloom. The girls turned around, accustomed to the fact that Tecna, distracted by her technological devilries, was always a few steps further back.
    But there was no one behind them.

--coded by https://winxluciombre.forumcommunity.net please do not reshare--

Edited by i k u - 13/2/2023, 14:22

0 replies since 11/11/2018, 13:31   21 views