08: Without Sleeping

« Older   Newer »

1. Antares..
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

36KSzS2

- Are you awake?
    Dinner had been quite merry, all considered: it had been easy to push aside the concern for the current threat while they were exploring the apartment together, cooking and laughing. Having that little place just for them was almost like they were on vacation, and they almost gave in to the temptation of a sleepover party, until Bloom reminded them that their mission, on the following day, needed them to be awake, well rested and snappy. But…
    - Musa, can’t you sleep?
    The beds were on two levels and Stella was the closest to Musa’s bed.
    - I can’t stop my brain. It’s like it feels that I’m at school again and it brings back all the memories of classes, all the anxiety for the exams, everything we did while we were here.
    - Yeah, it’s the same for me... – whispered Aisha from the other side of the room – I keep going back to the first night that I spent here. You girls were already a group, but instead I...
    - I had no idea you were still thinking about it... – a rustle in the dark suggested that Flora got off her bed to get close to her friend’s one.
    - It’s not like it happens every day – smiled the fairy of waves - It’s just the proximity to the school that brings it back to my mind.
    - And to think it has been so long... who would have guessed we would have come so far?
    Bloom’s gaze, lost on the ceiling’s drawings, went through all the experiences that they lived together: the first misadventure in Melmamora, their rivalry with the Trix, Valtor’s threat... and the magic lessons, so unexpected for a girl who lived on Earth.
    - I have to admit it, Bloom, when I saved you that day I really wasn’t expecting you would turn out to be Domino’s princess! Do you remember that day when you passed for the princess Varana of Callisto? We weren’t that far from the truth after all!
    They laughed together, remembering the inquisitive gaze of Griselda and the Faragonda’s welcome. As if their thoughts were contagious, the room fell in a thick silence: the two statues were just a few rooms away from where they were resting.
    - We will make it – stated Aisha with confidence in the dark – Do you remember when we were stressing about gaining the Enchantix? How many adventures did we live since then? How many powers did we achieve along the road? And yet that year we were worrying as much as we are now. And we didn’t have all the experience that we have now.
    - The Trix... – counted Bloom – The Wizards of the Black Circle... Valtor... Tritannus... Acheron... Lord Darkar... Kalshara...
    - And don’t let me start with all the simpering girls that we met along the way, like Diaspro! We have never been defeated! – exclaimed Stella, making the rest of the group laugh.
    - We had never faced a nymph, though.
    Tecna, who had remained silent until that point, had put in words that thin fear that hid in all of their hearts.
    - Griffin said that only Hesperia had been able to face her. And she didn’t defeat her, she only imprisoned her.
    - We don’t have to defeat Taleia either –replied Flora kindly – we only have to retrieve Hesperia’s relic. Tomorrow we will check the inscriptions in Roccaluce and we will star from there. We have got all the time we need.
    - Flora’s right – said Bloom – our mission is just a rescue one, a search. Once we got the relic we will decide what to do next.
    - Still – muttered Tecna, lost in thoughts – the more I read those transcriptions the more I had the feeling that something was missing...
    - One thing at the time – said Aisha, yawning – tomorrow, with a rested mind, we will try to decipher those words again. It will be fun for once, like solving a brain teaser together.
    - If we want to have a rested mind we should sleep, girls... – scolded Bloom .
    - We are not doing this on purpose! We would need someone to sing us a lullaby...- complained Stella – Musa, can you do us this little favour?
    A little laugh came from the corner where Musa’s bed was.
    - If you girls insist...
    The room seemed to light up for a moment while the warbles of the fairy of Music filled it. The other girls closed their eyes and listened to it, thinking about nothing.
    "Have you ever seen that wonderful world? It’s a special place that lives inside your heart!
    Close your eyes and you’ll be there in a moment, with your colourful wings, and everything is possible now that..."
    Musa’s voice seemed to enter inside them, warming them up with its sweetness, comforting them with her words full of hope.
    "You can believe in yourself, remember who you are, don’t you ever give up...
    The courage you have is a light,
    One day you’ll be a star if you want, but to us you already are."

--coded by https://winxluciombre.forumcommunity.net please do not reshare--

Edited by i k u - 13/2/2023, 14:22

0 replies since 11/11/2018, 13:29   21 views