1.     Top   Dislike

Group
    Administrator
    WCLO Points
    +44

Status

36KSzS2

- Tell me again why we’re here…
    Stella’s voice was nothing more than a whisper, a whisper full of skepticism and irony. Tecna turned around to shoot a disapproving look at her and Bloom gave her a tiny, sympathetic nudge.
    - I wouldn’t do it if Daphne didn’t ask me. Now that she’s home for maternity leaving she’s so worried about her class and this Madame Meanna, who’s replacing her. My sister is a rational person but she never met her before she got her class and she’s panicking.
    - But do we have to listen to the whole lesson? I thought we were done with studying, once out of Alfea…
    - I miss lessons...- murmured Flora, earning an incredulous glance from Solaria’s princess - ...and even if Faragonda asked us to come she’s busy right now, isn’t she? We had to wait anyway.
    - But it’s four, school is supposed to be finished at four!
    Madame Meanna stopped for a moment, looking in their direction. She had big clear eyes in a dark skinned face and a wonderful cascade of dark blue curls, in strong contrast with the white tailleur she was wearing. Bloom thought she would scold them but she stared at them for a moment then went on with her lesson, ignoring them.
    - Five hundred years ago she was stopped by the nymph Meliade with a seal spell that last still.
    A student raised her hand.
    - Madame Meanna, is it true that that spell has a term?
    The professor's voice became cynical.
    "I know what is said about that spell, that its end has been foretold, and that the greatest mind from in Magix's schools have worked on its replacement, but it's nothing more than juvenile presumption. How could students produce something at the same level as the spells of a Magix nymph? Nothing but juvenile presumption.
    - Interesting - muttered Tecna – this is the first time I hear about other nymphs other than Daphne and Politea. Bloom, do you think I could visit your sister and ask her something more about them?
    - It should be fine: the child is due in two weeks and until then Daphne hasn’t much to do other then waiting!
    Meanwhile, the lesson was over and the Winxs watched the slow parade of the pupils leaving the room, glancing at them with awe and admiration. Stella had a smile for each of them, Madame Meanna included. The teacher nodded in their direction and left the room without saying a word.
    - Finally! - Musa jumped up and stretched noisily – I can’t sit a minute longer! Should we go to Faragonda now?
    Bloom nodded, getting up and the girls followed her across the college to the principal's office.
    - This is so nostalgic...- muttered Aisha- I remember all the times that we got into trouble when we were here ...
    - Yeah, speaking of juvenile presumption! Someone should tell that Meanna all the things we did while we were here!
    Stella’s ardormade them laugh but silence fell in front of Faragonda's door. Years had passed since last time they had been there for a lecture but the atmosphere of that place was still slightly disturbing.
    Suddenly Griselda came out of nowhere.
    - Good morning girls…
    The years had had no influence on his appearance or his tone of voice, always cold and rigid.
    - Good morning Griselda- Flora murmured in his kindest voice. Various murmurs followed his greetings, some heartfelt, others much less.
    - The principal is not well, these days. He expressed the desire to see you, but I beg you not to make her tired and not to disturb her for more than necessary. I’ll be in my office next door, and I will not hesitate to intervene if I feel that his state of health is threatened.
    Those words threw the discomfort on the Winx. Was Faragonda bad? The principal had always been a pillar of Alfea, a beacon in their growth and maturation of fairies. She was elderly, of course, and it couldn’t be otherwise, but it was the first time her age weighted on her.
    - Come forward, please!
    The Winx came in and closed the door behind them.

--coded by https://winxluciombre.forumcommunity.net please do not reshare--

Edited by i k u - 13/2/2023, 14:20

0 replies since 31/5/2018, 20:43   813 views